Friday, September 6, 2013

First Impressions of Spain

Although I haven't even been here 48 hours and I am stuck in the American bubble, I have noticed a few things about Spain that I thought I would share.

















1. The food! It's good, but they eat a lot! After being served this paella, we were served another pork dish. It was delicious, but no one at our table could hardly take a bite. The waiter came by and asked, "No gusto?," so, we tried to eat more. And then they brought dessert...

2. When you are with a group of Americans and they are all saying "Thank you" to the waitstaff and hotel folk and you answer with "gracias!" the waitstaff and hotel folk will automatically think you can understand Spanish and start rapid-firing it at you. Oops. 

And...















3. The architecture. It's pretty. And different. For example, this is Madrid's royal palace.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos you posted here and on Facebook. I miss you lots but love you more. Cherish and take in every moment!

    ReplyDelete